Advertising and related preferences
Control the information 4bike uses to show you ads
Depending on the type of data they collect, use and process, some of our partners have asked for your consent while others require you to opt out if you don’t wish your information to be shared with them. For information on each partner and to exercise your choices, select Show partners in each section below. To opt out, visit NAI, DAA or EDAA.
We may use and share information about how you use eBay and certain personal information about you with Facebook via the Facebook Pixel and by sending the information directly from our servers, in order to personalise advertising for you on Facebook’s platforms, for measurement, and for content selection, delivery and reporting. You will find more information on Facebook’s processing of personal data at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
Facebook is not currently integrated with the IAB consent framework, so is not listed as a vendor below. If you would like for us not to share information with Facebook for this purpose, please indicate that preference by leaving any of the options set out below as unselected.
- Special purpose 1: Ensure security, prevent fraud, and debugWhat this means:To ensure security, prevent fraud and debug vendors can: * Ensure data are securely transmitted * Detect and prevent malicious, fraudulent, invalid, or illegal activity. * Ensure correct and efficient operation of systems and processes, including to monitor and enhance the performance of systems and processes engaged in permitted purposes Vendors cannot: * Conduct any other data processing operation allowed under a different purpose under this purpose. Note: Data collected and used to ensure security, prevent fraud, and debug may include automatically-sent device characteristics for identification, precise geolocation data, and data obtained by actively scanning device characteristics for identification without separate disclosure and/or opt-in.Note: Data collected and used to ensure security, prevent fraud and debug may include automatically-sent device characteristics for identification, precise geolocation data and data obtained by actively scanning device characteristics for identification without separate disclosure and/or opt-in.
- Special purpose 2: Technically deliver ads or contentWhat this means:To deliver information and respond to technical requests vendors can: * Use a user’s IP address to deliver an ad over the internet * Respond to a user’s interaction with an ad by sending the user to a landing page * Use a user’s IP address to deliver content over the internet * Respond to a user’s interaction with content by sending the user to a landing page * Use information about the device type and capabilities for delivering ads or content, for example, to deliver the right size ad creative or video file in a format supported by the device Vendors cannot: * Conduct any other data processing operation allowed under a different purpose under this purpose
- Feature 1: Match and combine offline data sources: Vendors can: * Combine data obtained offline with data collected online in support of one or more Purposes or Special Purposes.
- Feature 2: Link different devices: Vendors can: * Deterministically determine that two or more devices belong to the same user or household * Probabilistically determine that two or more devices belong to the same user or household * Actively scan device characteristics for identification for probabilistic identification if users have allowed vendors to actively scan device characteristics for identification (Special Feature 2)
- Feature 3: Receive and use automatically-sent device characteristics for identification: Vendors can: * Create an identifier using data collected automatically from a device for specific characteristics, e.g. IP address, user-agent string. * Use such an identifier to attempt to re-identify a device. Vendors cannot: * Create an identifier using data collected via actively scanning a device for specific characteristics, e.g. installed font or screen resolution without users’ separate opt-in to actively scanning device characteristics for identification. * Use such an identifier to re-identify a device.
- Browser type and settings
- Information about the device and its operating system
- Cookie information (e.g. cookie ID)
- User segmentation (e.g. user lifestage segment ID)
- Other identifiers assigned to the device
- The IP address from which the device accesses the 4bike website or app
- Information about the user’s activity on that device, including activity on 4bike and web pages and mobile apps visited or used (e.g. event ID of a specific activity, event name and time, event source URL, hashed transaction or item ID)
- Information about the geographic location of the user or device when it accesses a website or mobile application
- Hashed contact data (which may include name, email address, gender, date of birth, phone number, city, state and postcode)