You’ll find the payment methods a seller accepts in their listing. If you have any problems paying for your items, we can help troubleshoot the issue.
When you’re ready to pay, simply go to checkout. You’ll be able to select your payment method and review your order details, including your shipping address, before you pay.
Ways to pay
In most categories, sellers accept PayPal or credit cards, but they may also offer other options as well, such as Apple Pay or Google Pay. You’ll find the payment methods your seller accepts by going to the Shipping and Payments section of the listing.
Checks, money orders, and bank wire transfers aren’t allowed for most 4Bike purchases. However, you can use these payment methods to buy vehicles, capital and business equipment, real estate, and items you pick up in person. See our Payment methods policy for more details.
If you’re buying a wristwatch £5,000 or above (after seller discounts but before shipping and taxes), you’re required to pay with Escrow.com. For wristwatches, 4Bike covers any service fees charged by Escrow.com for use of its services.
Troubleshooting payment errors
If you have problems paying for your items or if you receive an error message at checkout, try the following troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue:
- Check you’ve entered your payment details correctly
- Make sure your billing address matches the address on your payment method
- Try checking out on another device. If you’re using the 4Bike desktop site, try checking out on the mobile site or app, or vice versa
- Try checking out on another browser. You can also try signing out, clearing your cache and cookies, , and signing in again before trying to check out again
- Make sure your payment method hasn’t expired. For example, if you’re paying with a credit or debit card, check the expiry date on the card
- If you’re using a new credit or debit card, you may need to activate the card before you can use it. We recommend contacting your bank or card issuer for instructions
- If you’re paying with PayPal, try unlinking your account and linking it to your 4Bike account again
If you’re still having trouble paying, choose your payment method below for more information:
Timelines for paying
When you buy an item on 4Bike, whether you won an auction or used Buy It Now, you’ll need to pay the seller within 2 days. The sooner the seller receives your payment, the sooner they’ll send your item.
You’ll find everything you’ve bought recently – including items you still need to pay for – in your Purchase History.
When you buy an item, it’s important to pay as quickly as possible. If you haven’t paid in 2 days, a seller may open an unpaid item case against you. If the seller has opened an unpaid item case against you, you may be able to appeal it.